Achieve Your Goals with Kung Fu Training
Self-discipline, perseverance, work ethic, cooperation, confidence. These are all valuable tools that allow people both young and old to reach their goals and live more successful lives. No matter who you are or what you are trying to achieve, there is virtually no one who would not benefit from the physical and mental empowerment that comes from training in the martial arts.
Who is Kung Fu Training Suitable For?
- For those who want to reach peak physical fitness, the martial arts can train your body more effectively than any other exercise program or gym out there today.
- For those who want to learn discipline, the regular practice of martial arts such as Kung Fu teaches you to focus your mind and body to achieve mastery of very specific skills.
- For those who are concerned about their personal safety, the martial arts give you the best training in practical self-defense that can be used to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm.
Kung Fu: The Mind-Body Connection
Chinese martial arts place a strong emphasis on the necessary connection between our minds and our bodies. Apart from training in practical self-defense tools, students of Kung Fu strive to achieve a deeper balance in their overall mental, physical and spiritual health. The physical applications of kicks, blocks, strikes, throws and locks are just a part of the overall practice of Kung Fu.
The ancient practitioners of Kung Fu understood the importance of the body working in line with the mind. Our ability to make quick decisions, act or react in dangerous situations and defend ourselves with confidence depends on how well these two function together. Kung Fu seeks to help students achieve that balance on the mat so they can carry it with them in their daily lives.
The Benefits of Martial Arts Training for Children and Adults
Kung Fu and other styles of martial arts are much more than just workout programs. They provide students with a framework for preparing their minds and bodies for self-defense. The mental and physical benefits of a Kung Fu practice can be seen across all age groups and fitness levels. Children, teens and adults from any background can all find some aspect of Kung Fu that can help them better themselves in all of their pursuits.
Benefits for Children
- A healthy outlet for their boundless energy
- An early introduction to the importance of health and fitness
- The ability to find a calm state of mind
- Increased attention, focus and self-control
- Higher levels of self-esteem
- More effective problem solving skills
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Participation in a supportive and encouraging community
- A positive outlet for anxiety and negative emotions
Benefits for Adults
- Increased fitness, flexibility, endurance and strength
- More restful sleep
- Increased ability to focus
- The ability to competently defend yourself and others
- A positive and supportive community
- Higher levels of self-esteem and confidence
- An outlet for stress and frustration
- The satisfaction of knowing you can push yourself outside of your comfort zone
Functional Mixed Martial Arts vs. Kung Fu
Rather than focus on one style of martial arts, a mixed martial arts program combines several different styles into one well-rounded system of self-defense. Students will learn strikes, kicks and ground techniques from disciplines such as Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Kickboxing, Boxing, Wrestling and many more. This style of training provides students with the most effective and practical methods of defending themselves in any situation and against any opponent.
Functional martial arts are meant to be applied in real world scenarios, not just in the studio. The program taught at SwiftKick Carlsbad is based on one of the most practical self-defense and combat systems in the world. Our goal is to train students to be mentally and physically prepared for any challenge that comes their way. Our mission is to help students cultivate a greater sense of empowerment when facing even the most difficult of circumstances.
By training students in an integrated system of functional martial arts, kickboxing and self-defense, SwiftKick Carlsbad students come away highly confident in their skills and capable of handling anything.